10 Life Lessons for Living Out Your Masculinity
Today I turn 37, and with every successive birthday I take the opportunity to reflect on the past year of my life.
- Did I achieve what I set out to achieve?
- How has my life changed over the past year?
- What do I need to do to build on the successes from the last 12 months?
- Are the actions I’m taking in alignment with my short and long-term goals?
- What are the big picture takeaways from my last year of experiencing life?
I found myself dwelling on that final bullet point and began jotting down my answers as my brainstorming hurled them over the wall that formerly barricaded them from my consciousness.
Then I began the process of sifting the wheat from the chaff.
It was tempting to savor 37 of these morsels of wisdom, suck all the tasty notes out, and then share them with the world.
After all, “37 Lessons Learned in 37 Years of Living” has a satisfying symmetrical ring to it as a posting title.
Nevertheless, I pared my sprawling, disorganized brain dump down to the ten hardest hitting life lessons I either learned or was vividly reminded of over the last year.
It is these life lessons that provide the motivation (and content) for today’s podcast.
Here they are.
- Your Net Worth is Dependent Upon Your Network (And Your Net Work)
- Haters Up Their Game as You Up Yours
- Ed Latimore Was Right
- If You Have a Receding Hairline, Shave Your Head
- 24-Hour Fasts Are Great…They Also Suck
- Do Hard Things and Things That Scare You
- Your Kids Need Clear, Enforced Boundaries
- The Game Never Ends
- Death is Coming
- Authenticity is Everything
Use the media player below to listen in:
Get Ed Latimore’s Book: Not Caring What Other People Think Is a Superpower
Join the Fraternity of Excellence: FraternityofExcellence.com
Help Us Spread the Message of Masculinity
If you enjoy this episode of the podcast, take a few seconds to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes to allow us to reach more men with the powerful message of masculinity. It will only take a minute of your time and you’d be doing us a huge solid.
And be sure to subscribe to the podcast while you’re there.
Thank you in advance for your support, brothers.
Follow us on Twitter: