Yesterday Recap: Each day I’ll do a brief recap from the day before. Day #1 received significant support and we have hundreds of men following the program. I hope the momentum continues.
My fear is that bad habits will overcome initial motivation as it’s not motivation but rather discipline which is needed.
Don’t reward yourself with a drink after work if you’ve given it up for the month. Don’t jerk off when your wife isn’t around because that’s the only way you can fall sleep or that you ‘need to relax’.
This is about doing it differently, it’s about doing it right.
It’s so easy to say yes when some offers you a smoke or drink. You must say no.
Show yourself that you’re worthy of the life you feel you deserve. There are no second chances, you’re either all in or you aren’t.
If you fail, confess to it and try to continue on, but share it as hiding it and pretending you’re still marching with the real men will only drive your self hate to greater heights.
This is about reclaiming your masculine nature. You’re worth the physical and mental pain required to complete that task.
Suffer with me for this month and you’ll forever be able to claim the glory of being an original Man of March.
Reminder: The rules of Men of March:
- You will not masturbate, edge, or touch your dick for pleasure during the entire month. You can have sex, but not with yourself.
- You will not watch porn, sexy gifs, look at provocative photos or anything of the sort as this will lead to you breaking rule one.
- You will do 100 pushups every day. Don’t give the ‘time’ excuse, or any excuse as I don’t give a fuck, just do them. Break it up however you have to, but before you sleep at night, 100 must be done; chest day or not.
- You must start reading a book. Even if it’s just a few pages a day at first you must be reading a book. I will be reading New World Ronin by Victor Pride this month. You don’t have to finish the book in the month, just actively read a few pages every day to build the habit. With that said, my goal is to finish the book this month.
- You have to start giving genuine answers to people. If someone asks if you’re busy, don’t say “No” when you are. You have to stop avoiding conflict at the expense of your true self. If your wife asks a question, give an answer, “I don’t know/care” Is not an answer a leader gives to his crew. Start knowing, start caring, and start telling the world your true opinion.
- If you have a vice, remove it. You have to be honest with yourself; if you’re overweight and drinking to numb or are smoking pot and being unproductive, that shit has to go. This isn’t a ‘dry’ challenge, if alcohol or pot isn’t a problem good to go. If it’s more than that, leave it be for the month.
- Every day there will be a challenge, you must complete it.
Day #2: Stop Avoiding It
There’s something you’ve avoided dealing with for weeks, months, or possibly even years.
I don’t know what that something is, but you do.
It’s difficult for you right now, as you start thinking of what it could be. But it’s growing inside as you know what it is; but you’re so used to shoving it deep into your soul that sometimes, it isn’t the focus of your mind.
You forget about it.
Now there’s a lump building in your throat, because I’m not going to let you forget about it and you know that. You don’t want to fail this Men of March challenge and be ostracized from your brothers, but you don’t feel you’re ready to face it yet.
Heart’s beating a little faster, breathing is getting more shallow…
You know what it is
Listen to me, you’re going to stop avoiding it and you’re going to face it head on like a man.
There’s skeletons in everyone’s closet, but this isn’t a skeleton as they’re dead and this, this is very much alive.
That harsh truth you shove deep inside, it’s coming out and it’s coming out for good.
I told you this wasn’t going to be an easy month.
Brothers, it is absolutely critical that you do not put forth all of these efforts only to fall to pieces later on again as you have so many times before because the empire you built was on a weak foundation.
Holding the pain down and swallowing the reality you hate leads to there being gaps in your sense of ‘self’. You’ll never develop your masculine foundation if you can’t face all of who you are.
I’ll provide some raw examples from men I’ve helped. Every example comes from a man who after messaging back and forth with me and taking ownership of his demons reached that level of total ownership of himself and his life. But, he had to face the music first and that’s not easy.
- You are a terrible father. You know you should be more involved in your kid’s life but between working late, taking care of home matters you’re just too busy to stop and play with them. You keep thinking you’ll take them out on the weekends or you’ll take them on vacation, but you promised someone you’d help them, you aren’t feeling well, or you’d just rather ‘relax’ after such a long week at work; then you go back to work. Your kids have no father, they have a man who lives with them.
- Your wife doesn’t love you. She’s disgusted at how heavy you’ve gotten and she views you with judging eyes that say, “Why are you so fucking stupid?” You know she’s right; you are fat, you’ve stopped having a passion for anything in life, and you’re just too fucking tired to try anymore.
- You want to kill yourself but you’re too scared. You’ve thought of it, maybe you’ve half attempted it. If you’re reading this you failed or never went through and instead decided to just hate yourself and hate your life, but not enough to end it.
- You’re weak. You talk loud and bully people but it’s in an attempt to compensate in your lack of belief in your own strength. You’re the guy who talks a big game, but inside your screaming because of how insecure you are and if you were to be slapped across the face by a real man, you’re more likely to cry than fight back.
- You don’t know who you are. You aren’t living your life but merely existing nothing makes you feel You’re just an apathetic individual waiting for the clock to strike the final seconds of your life.
- You just want to be loved. Your wife doesn’t love you, your family doesn’t love you, and no matter how hard you try you just aren’t good enough…
This list could go on for pages, but that isn’t the point. These are but a few examples of what modern day men are feeling. It’s due to the fact that society pressures men, from birth, to repress who they are and their true feelings on anything.
Today we break their hold.
Today you stop avoiding the harsh reality that there is a noose around your neck and that you’ve been balancing on a chair for days, weeks, months, or even years trying not to fall and lose it all.
The balancing game is done.
I’m untying your hands and handing you a knife; cut the rope and step down from the chair.
You are free.
Release the stress, stop pretending everything is OK, and let the emotions flood over you.
- Do 100 push-ups.
- Face whatever it is that you have been too terrified to meet head on.
Maybe that means admitting to past abuses. Maybe it means telling a loved one or friend that they are toxic for what you want to do in your life and that you’ve got to head different ways.
Maybe for you it means sitting in front of a mirror and admitting that everything isn’t all right and that changes need to be made.
It will be tough to talk to your friends and family, but masculine men do what they have to do, not always what they want to do.
Whatever that thing is for you, don’t avoid it a moment longer or it will haunt you and sabotage any effort you make during this month.
Fight it brother, your fellow Men of March are here for you.
Wrapping up Day #2
Too many men are carrying around this weight on their soul. Some days it isn’t so bad, some days they feel like they can’t breathe, like the world is on their chest.
When you release the black cloud living in your heart, mind, and soul it’s like running out of air 10′ feet below the surface of the water, it takes every you have to kick, scrape, and claw to get there but when you face what you’re avoided you break the surface and you can finally breathe again.
Now, breathe deep and come up with a game plan on how you’re going to handle this today.