Yesterday’s Recap: Each day I’ll do a brief recap from the day before. Day #8 forced you to look at where you were at in this journey.
Even the greatest of armies had to stop to prevent their warriors from reaching the battlefield entirely exhausted.
Here we are, taking account of what we’ve done, where we’re headed, and checking the map to ensure that our coordinates are still sound.
Hopefully you objectively assessed the situation and adjusted your course to ensure that you’re setting yourself up for success and are implementing controls to keep you going strong for the next week.
Your success or failure is entirely dependent on what I call the ‘Give a Shit‘ trait.
Either you give enough shits about yourself to take the time to prepare for the coming week or you don’t.
To be completely honest, I hope you do; society, your girl, and your children need you to give a shit.
Don’t reward yourself with a drink after work if you’ve given it up for the month. Don’t jerk off when your wife isn’t around because that’s the only way you can fall asleep or that you ‘need to relax’.
This is about doing it differently, it’s about doing it right.
It’s so easy to say yes when some offers you a smoke or drink.
You must say no.
Show yourself that you’re worthy of the life you feel you deserve. There are no second chances; you’re either all in or you aren’t.
If you fail, confess to it and try to continue on. Be sure to share it, hiding and pretending you’re still marching with the real men will only drive your self-hate to even greater heights.
This is about reclaiming your masculine nature. You’re worth the physical and mental pain required to complete that task.
Suffer with me for this month and you’ll forever be able to claim the glory of being an original Man of March.
Reminder: The rules of Men of March:
- You will notmasturbate, edge, or touch your dick for pleasure during the entire month. You can have sex, but not with yourself.
- You will not watch porn, sexy gifs, look at provocative photos or anything of the sort as this will lead to you breaking rule one.
- You will do 100 pushups every day. Don’t give the ‘time’ excuse, or any excuse as I don’t give a fuck, just do them. Break it up however you have to, but before you sleep at night, 100 must be done; chest day or not.
- You must start reading a book. Even if it’s just a few pages a day at first you must be reading a book. I will be reading New World Roninby Victor Pride this month. You don’t have to finish the book in the month, just actively read a few pages every day to build the habit. With that said, my goal is to finish the book this month.
- You have to start giving genuine answers to people. If someone asks if you’re busy, don’t say “No” when you are. You have to stop avoiding conflict at the expense of your true self. If your wife asks a question, give an answer, “I don’t know/care”Is not an answer a leader gives to his crew. Start knowing, start caring, and start telling the world your true opinion.
- If you have a vice, remove it. You have to be honest with yourself; if you’re overweight and drinking to numb or are smoking pot and being unproductive, that shit has to go. This isn’t a ‘dry’ challenge, if alcohol or pot isn’t a problem good to go. If it’s more than that, leave it be for the month.
- Every day there will be a challenge, you must complete it.
Day #9: Look the Part
Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
A few days ago I touched on the fact that most men come home from work exhausted, talking about how they need to relax and rest.
This means that this guy’s wife and children see ‘exhausted & need to relax‘ husband/dad 5 days a week.
Who respects or submits to a man like that?
We need to look the part of a masculine man if we’re expecting to be treated as one. I’ve focused on fixing your mind and body to defaulting to a ‘masculine mindset’ and now I want you to look at whether your body & clothes are matching what your body and mind are saying.
I used to think giving a shit about your skin or clothes was for weak gay men. I’m glad I’ve removed that idiotic notion from my mind and I know my girl is too.
Fix Your Face: I’m a bearded man and I don’t look like a fucking neck-beard living in my parent’s basement, I look like a fucking masculine man.
I use oils and beard wash for the beard and I use a Pomade for my hair. I trim it and get a haircut every two weeks, and at the advice of my lady I’ve got a face wash and face lotion.
My skin is fucking great and it’s because I give a shit.
You need to set the same standard for yourself. Work with what it is you’ve got. Grow the beard if you can, keep it clean shaven if you can’t and either way, take care of your skin with soaps and lotions.
If you’ve had the same haircut for the past decade, think about mixing it up.
I was a military man, for almost a decade I was clean shaven with either a 2 shaved all the way around or a 4 on top and medium high skin fade.
Since getting out, I decided to mix it up and now I’m rocking what I call the ‘Edelman’ where it’s tight on the side and long enough to style on top.
I was hesitant at first, but it looks fucking good.
Try something new and raise the standard of care you’re providing to the first thing people see when they meet you
Fit Your Body: As my wife (@Sassy__Sub on Twitter) says, “Dress for the size you are, work for the size you want to be.”
Maybe you’ve shifted your mindset to that of a masculine man but your body is lagging behind, that’s no excuse for you to look like a sloppy fuck.
Buy clothes which fit your body properly.
If you need larger shirts because you’ve gained weight, buy them. You shouldn’t be walking around with your dress shirts looking like Under Armour.
Same thing with pants, you should get love handles when you button your pants, buy bigger fucking pants until you lose the weight.
If you’ve lost weight, the same thing applies. You’ve got look good in your shirts and pants, not like you’re swimming in a bed sheet.
Go BushWhacking: You need to give a shit about your hygiene. This includes not only washing your ass, but also taming that hair.
This means your pubes, armpits, maybe patches on your back, etc.
I keep my man bush trimmed to just above razor, I think it’s a 0 guard.
Think about it, when is the last time you bought yourself some nicer underwear? You expect your wife to wear nice lingerie, what are you doing to impress her?
My armpits I trim to where they’re at roughly 1/2″
My back I have the wife shave in the shower. I only get a few random patches, she doesn’t like them so she’s more than happy to destroy them and it feels good as fuck so I’m down too.
Do you think it’s attractive to see guys who have armpit hair that sticks out of their shirts?
Then why would your wife?
The same goes for your bush, trim that mother fucker. Your wife doesn’t want to go down into that stank ass jungle and it can’t make an 8″ dick look like a 3″er
Don’t sabotage your efforts in the gym and kitchen by having a nasty hairy ass body which you don’t maintain.
Look the part you want to play in life.
- 100 Push-Ups
- Take a look at your entire ‘self’. Find the areas in which you need to improve. Teeth Whitening, haircut, skin-care, trimming body hair, clothes that actually fit, and shifting the mindset to where you view caring for your body to be a masculine act. You only get one body, take care of it.
Wrapping up Day #9
It isn’t gay for a man to take care of himself. In fact, it’s masculine as fuck as you’re the guy who lifts hard, dresses well, and doesn’t have clogged pores or dandruff.
Take care of yourself man, as much as you don’t want to admit that life is about appearances, it is.
You’ve got to both look and act the part.
Masculine men don’t just act masculine, they look masculine. This is a part which most men skip.
When you’re focusing on all of the areas in which you need to keep the ‘Gas Pedal’ to the floor, you’ve got to include your sense of fashion and presentation.