Yesterday’s Recap: Each day I’ll do a brief recap from the day before. Day #12 asked you to dig deep, to reach inside and find the hate which you were hanging on to so tight because that hate made you feel.
It’s time for you to make a decision like a man.
Find all of the grudges you’re holding and go directly to the source. Then make the decision, you either nothing that person, meaning you don’t feel anger or sadness towards them; instead you feel nothing, they mean nothing to you and don’t even exist as far as you’re concerned.
If you find the person to be worthy of keeping in your life, then you get the fuck over whatever slight was dealt and you move the fuck on.
Your mind needs to be freed of these shackles of hate, you have the keys, unlock your mind.
Reminder: The rules of Men of March:
- You will not masturbate, edge, or touch your dick for pleasure during the entire month. You can have sex, but not with yourself.
- You will not watch porn, sexy gifs, look at provocative photos or anything of the sort as this will lead to you breaking rule one.
- You will do 100 push-ups every day. Don’t give the ‘time’ excuse, or any excuse as I don’t give a fuck, just do them. Break it up however you have to, but before you sleep at night, 100 must be done; chest day or not.
- You must start reading a book. Even if it’s just a few pages a day at first you must be reading a book. I will be reading New World Ronin by Victor Pride this month. You don’t have to finish the book in the month, just actively read a few pages every day to build the habit. With that said, my goal is to finish the book this month.
- You have to start giving genuine answers to people. If someone asks if you’re busy, don’t say “No” when you are. You have to stop avoiding conflict at the expense of your true self. If your wife asks a question, give an answer, “I don’t know/care” is not an answer a leader gives to his crew. Start knowing, start caring, and start telling the world your true opinion.
- If you have a vice, remove it. You have to be honest with yourself; if you’re overweight and drinking to numb or are smoking pot and being unproductive, that shit has to go. This isn’t a ‘dry’ challenge, if alcohol or pot isn’t a problem good to go. If it’s more than that, leave it be for the month.
- Every day there will be a challenge, you must complete it.
Day #13: Memento Mori
Every Man will die two deaths; once when his heart stops beating, again when his name is spoken for the last time…
What would you say to yourself if you were to die today? Who would you apologize to? How long would your name and legacy carry on?
- 100 Push- Ups
- Negative Visualizations before bed
- Write yourself a ‘dying wish’ letter
I want you to separate your masculine spirit from your physical body & mind.
Then I want you to objectively ask yourself these three questions.
- If you were to die tonight, what would you regret having left undone?
- What do you wish you had done more?
- Were the excuses you used to keep yourself from taking action valid?
Write down your answers, in detail.
This sounds like something out of Fight Club and looking at it now, it definitely serves the same purpose those scenes did in the film.
The intent is to wake you the fuck up to the fact that you are going to die; but choosing to live? That takes work, commitment, and more effort than most are capable of mustering.
Put it into perspective, you can run your mouth for your entire life talking about how much of a man you are and how great of a life you deserve or you can become a man who lives a fascinating life.
You’re going to die no matter what, what you do before that moment is entirely up to you.
You never know when that moment is going to come, you’d better start living that great life now.
Wrapping up Day #13
Death is not something you should fear or look at with hesitation. You should view your mortality as a gift from the gods.
It is in your limited time on this Earth that you’ll find your fuel for life. You must appreciate the pain of working out, the colors of flowers, and the sound of your child’s voice as you never know if you’ll see it, hear it, or feel it again.
Life is fleeting, live it while you’ve got the chance.
If you’d like to donate to The Family Alpha you can do so using the link below.