Yesterday’s Recap: Each day I’ll do a brief recap from the day before. Day #16 was your reminder to ensure that you’re placing as much attention to the brush strokes as you are the entire picture.
You can walk a mile off course by making a single misstep.
You need to place as much emphasis on where each foot lands during this march as you do looking down the path to see where you’re going.
Reminder: The rules of Men of March:
- You will not masturbate, edge, or touch your dick for pleasure during the entire month. You can have sex, but not with yourself.
- You will not watch porn, sexy gifs, look at provocative photos or anything of the sort as this will lead to you breaking rule one.
- You will do 100 push-ups every day. Don’t give the ‘time’ excuse, or any excuse as I don’t give a fuck, just do them. Break it up however you have to, but before you sleep at night, 100 must be done; chest day or not.
- You must start reading a book. Even if it’s just a few pages a day at first you must be reading a book. I will be reading New World Ronin by Victor Pride this month. You don’t have to finish the book in the month, just actively read a few pages every day to build the habit. With that said, my goal is to finish the book this month.
- You have to start giving genuine answers to people. If someone asks if you’re busy, don’t say “No” when you are. You have to stop avoiding conflict at the expense of your true self. If your wife asks a question, give an answer, “I don’t know/care” is not an answer a leader gives to his crew. Start knowing, start caring, and start telling the world your true opinion.
- If you have a vice, remove it. You have to be honest with yourself; if you’re overweight and drinking to numb or are smoking pot and being unproductive, that shit has to go. This isn’t a ‘dry’ challenge, if alcohol or pot isn’t a problem good to go. If it’s more than that, leave it be for the month.
- Every day there will be a challenge, you must complete it.
Day #17: Hang A Polaroid
We go through our days as if they’re a fucking loop which we cannot escape.
Wake up, work, eat, TV, sleep M-FR
Friday night = Drink to “relax”
Saturday = Recover
Sunday = Dread Monday
Break the fucking routine, choose to be better.
This weekend choose to do something new, choose to create a memory which will last at least two weeks, if not a lifetime, and choose to break the routine which companies have impressively manipulated you into.
Break the numbing, consuming, redundant behavior by choosing to insert something entirely foreign into your routine.
Make a memory with the wife and kids which they’ll talk of all week and brag to their friends about.
Create a pattern where you and those you lead look forward to days off as they’re all entirely different from the last.
Life is nothing more than a string spinning from a spool and you never know when that thread is going to end…
Hang as many Polaroids (memories) from it as you can, because when you are on that deathbed and spiraling into darkness, what you’re going to look back on is the memories of your life, the Polaroids you hung…
Redundancy without progress leads to regret.
Don’t live a life you regret in the end.
Friday – Create a Memory
Saturday – Create a Memory
Sunday – Create a fucking amazing memory
Hang Polaroids all weekend.
- 100 Push-Ups
- Break the routine, go out and do something this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that you’ll be able to look back on and smile come the 31st of March.
Break routine and create memories for yourself and with the ones you love.
I go into deeper detail in this Periscope
Wrapping up Day #17
Too many men have forgotten how to have fun. I say create a memory and they’re drawing blanks.
Do anything just do something you don’t normally do and fucking enjoy it with your friends and family or by yourself, whatever your situation is, fucking own it and have a blast.
Life is about the moments you create and retain. You’ll never remember all the weekends you spent binge watching Netflix, pounding Bud Light, or recovering the following morning.
Make yourself more than just another consumer who is choosing to pursue mind & body numbing ‘outlets’.
You’re a Man of March, act like it.
There is very little required when you break it down, do something you haven’t done before and immerse yourself in the process of that thing vs the instant gratification of consumption.
Go out and make memories brothers.
If you’d like to donate to The Family Alpha you can do so using the link below.