Recap: The days above in black are the days I’ve yet to write a post for; videos don’t count and quick paragraphs don’t count; I will have posts written for each of those days and when all is said and done this little disclaimer will be removed.
You are the original Men of March so you will know more than most others who find the E-Book that this campaign will become or the blog readers who find the cleaned up and edited posts.
You’re the original.
You men who’ve made it this far have seen it all. While others will have their 31 days straight, will flawless transition and clearly defined dates and times of implementation, you’ll remember when I missed days at a time due to work, where I posted a post halfway through the day because of a sick kid and fucked up router.
In 6 months you’ll see a tweet from someone who is starting the program and like a crotchety WWII vet talking to 2017 recruits who have tablets in boot-camp you’ll say, “I remember when Hunter had to make a fucking YouTube video from his hotel, speaking quietly, and the mother fucker still challenged me to do more push-ups and to try harder than I ever had before…”
Reminder: The rules of Men of March:
- You will not masturbate, edge, or touch your dick for pleasure during the entire month. You can have sex, but not with yourself.
- You will not watch porn, sexy gifs, look at provocative photos or anything of the sort as this will lead to you breaking rule one.
- You will do 100 push-ups every day. Don’t give the ‘time’ excuse, or any excuse as I don’t give a fuck, just do them. Break it up however you have to, but before you sleep at night, 100 must be done; chest day or not.
- You must start reading a book. Even if it’s just a few pages a day at first you must be reading a book. I will be reading New World Ronin by Victor Pride this month. You don’t have to finish the book in the month, just actively read a few pages every day to build the habit. With that said, my goal is to finish the book this month.
- You have to start giving genuine answers to people. If someone asks if you’re busy, don’t say “No” when you are. You have to stop avoiding conflict at the expense of your true self. If your wife asks a question, give an answer, “I don’t know/care” is not an answer a leader gives to his crew. Start knowing, start caring, and start telling the world your true opinion.
- If you have a vice, remove it. You have to be honest with yourself; if you’re overweight and drinking to numb or are smoking pot and being unproductive, that shit has to go. This isn’t a ‘dry’ challenge, if alcohol or pot isn’t a problem good to go. If it’s more than that, leave it be for the month.
- Every day there will be a challenge, you must complete it.
Day #27: Perseverance
What I do for work is classified in the literal sense. Because of this I won’t be discussing what went down, nor does it really matter. The fact is, something pretty terrible happened and I had to run damage control along with a few of my colleagues,
International crisis diverted, life slowly returning to normal, and Men of March is still in motion.
Destiny is a fickle bitch and I’ve felt since laying out my Men of March challenge that she’s been shit testing me. Not sure if you guys recall, but day #1 my fucking router, which I’ve never had a problem with, shit the fucking bed.
But I kept on.
Kids and wife had the flu, I kept on, I had the flu, I kept on, business trip goes fucking awry, I kept on, couldn’t post, couldn’t video, and couldn’t fucking tweet – I kept on.
It’s what we fucking do and somewhere in there is the point of Men of March.
We need to do what we have to do and when the shit-storm life throws at us passes, we go back to our default, masculinity – and keeping the fuck on.
We’re going to finish strong brothers and we’re going to closeout what we started properly.
- 100 Push-Ups
- There is no second challenge today. Today you look back on the challenges you set and ask yourself if you gave them your all. Do you do less because I didn’t set a challenge? Did you do less because I didn’t give you a challenge or did you try harder because you set the mark on your own?
Wrapping up Day #27
I set the goal to post every day for a month straight and I failed.
I failed and I’ve beat myself up for that daily, but I will not stop. This isn’t about getting a high score against my ‘internet bros’, this is about beating me.
Now I know, I can’t fly by the seat of my pants when planning something on this large of a scale. I need to do more in regards to scheduling and looking for potential mishaps.
There is no fucking way I could have predicted what was going to happen with my work, but if I had scheduled posts a week in advance, it wouldn’t have mattered and in that is my lesson.
I’ve got to raise my standard of performance and I already have. I thank each and every one of you who stepped up to the plate when I stepped down and led your brethren to continuing the campaign.