Yesterday’s Recap: Day #27 was a greater challenge for me than any other, it was one which required me to persevere when everything in my mind was screaming that I had failed.
It was embarrassing to write about how I couldn’t complete my own challenge and that I was asking more from the men I was leading than myself…but I wrote the post.
I wrote Day #27 because we aren’t done.
I wrote Day #27 because that is what men do. We laugh in the face of adversity, we have irrational confidence in everything it is that we do, and we refuse to quit.
If the odds are 10,000 to 1 then it means I’ve got a shot and I’m going to take it.
I failed my own Men of March challenge, then I pulled myself up and kept going because there is no other choice in my mind.
The only path is the masculine path.
Reminder: The rules of Men of March:
- You will not masturbate, edge, or touch your dick for pleasure during the entire month. You can have sex, but not with yourself.
- You will not watch porn, sexy gifs, look at provocative photos or anything of the sort as this will lead to you breaking rule one.
- You will do 100 push-ups every day. Don’t give the ‘time’ excuse, or any excuse as I don’t give a fuck, just do them. Break it up however you have to, but before you sleep at night, 100 must be done; chest day or not.
- You must start reading a book. Even if it’s just a few pages a day at first you must be reading a book. I will be reading New World Roninby Victor Pride this month. You don’t have to finish the book in the month, just actively read a few pages every day to build the habit. With that said, my goal is to finish the book this month.
- You have to start giving genuine answers to people. If someone asks if you’re busy, don’t say “No” when you are. You have to stop avoiding conflict at the expense of your true self. If your wife asks a question, give an answer, “I don’t know/care” is not an answer a leader gives to his crew. Start knowing, start caring, and start telling the world your true opinion.
- If you have a vice, remove it. You have to be honest with yourself; if you’re overweight and drinking to numb or are smoking pot and being unproductive, that shit has to go. This isn’t a ‘dry’ challenge, if alcohol or pot isn’t a problem good to go. If it’s more than that, leave it be for the month.
- Every day there will be a challenge, you must complete it.
Day #28: Primal Release
Throughout the month of March we have been creating, strengthening, and harnessing our masculine self.
On Day #23 you ran as hard as you possibly could and it was fucking enlightening. You felt this sensation which you may have never felt before. Today, we’re going to do the same, except this time it will be your masculine spirit which experiences that euphoria of being alive and electric.
Masculine men are a stoic group, but if you were to look throughout history, masculine men when with their brethren were anything but.
Warriors would chant, go screaming into battle, and they yell, sing, and fight among each other after victory was secured.
We do not have this outlet in modern day society, so we must create it.
Sometimes while I’m cruising in the Jeep with the top off, doors off, and radio up I’ll let out the loudest and longest yell which gets lost in the wind, but I always feel this euphoric feeling inside. It’s not that I’m going to pass-out, but rather I feel as though my very soul had taken a much needed breath.
I always throw heavy bag work into my weekly workout routine because I know that multiple times a day I need to release a barrage of hits at something often times with a few ‘body shots’ which I give my all to. Again, I feel spiritually alive.
We are always trying to contain ourselves and without that outlet to release, our soul becomes stifled, bottled up, and because of this it begins to atrophy.
Bring that masculine soul to the surface from time to time. Let loose and replicate that battlefield euphoria where men could shout, laugh, sing, and release the energy which builds and expose their soul to the world, allowing it to breathe.
- 200 Push-Ups*
- Grab a pillow, go outside, or just scare the shit out of those around you and let out the most masculine barbaric battle cry you have ever released.
- Hit something as hard as you possibly can. This can be your bed, a heavy bag, fill up a bathtub with water and slam it whatever, just hit something with all of your force without breaking your hand like an idiot.
- After step 1, 2, and 3 I want you to listen to this track for 5 minutes in solitude. Go longer if you’d like, but I want you to get at least 5 minutes alone completely losing yourself to the music.
Wrapping up Day #28
We’re still here brothers and after today I guarantee that you’re going to feel something inside that you’ve never felt before.
Screaming at the top of your masculine lungs, releasing a punch consisting of every muscle fiber firing in unison, then taking that masculine power and becoming a warrior monk capable of losing himself to his spiritual, masculine, and raw mind.
Few are capable of harnessing both sides of the pendulum which a masculine man is capable of swinging from, but you can, because you’re a Man of March.