“Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.”
This is something I’d like you to recognize and really wrap your mind around. Everyone makes an excuse as to why they can’t do the things they need to do. Only a very select few out there are making excuses to do the things they need to do.
Ask yourself these questions and see if you can come up with an answer which you know to be a lie you tell yourself to justify mediocre performance.
- What excuse do you have for not gaming your wife these past few years? You don’t treat her like a lover anymore, yet expect her to act like one?
- What excuse do you have for plugging your kids in front of a screen day after day; refusing to put your phone away and educate, play with, or lead them?
- What excuse do you have for the weight you’ve put on?
- What’s your excuse for giving your time and attention to those who are not worthy; hanging with deadbeat friends who do nothing but complain and waste your time with booze or pot?
- What excuse do you have for how weak you have become physically, spiritually, & mentally?
- What is your excuse for all of the times you didn’t speak up and tell the world how you truly felt because you’d rather play it safe and not make waves; making yourself like everyone else in an attempt to be accepted by them?
- What’s your excuse for putting everyone ahead of yourself?
- What’s your excuse for letting society tell you what you should like, how you should act, and what you should accept?
- What’s your excuse for rewarding failure time and again?
- What excuse do you have for repressing your masculine nature?
People will make an excuse as to why they didn’t go to the gym, yet the winners out there are making excuses to go to the gym.
When is the last time you said, “Hey man I’m going to be late to your (insert event) because I need to hit the gym.”? When is the last time you made the decision to not go to bed but rather stay up late because you had to knock some project out?
The issue we have is that of too much comfort and too little appreciation of time.
People have become so comfortable that they’d rather suffer a mediocre existence than put in the slightest effort required for improvement. People choose to complain and seek validation through those complaints instead of just shutting the hell up and putting in the work.
I had a husband email me talking about how his wife refuses to follow his lead and that they have a deadbedroom; I then found out he was fat.
I asked him why he thought his wife would want to have sex with a fat dude. He went on to explain through 6 paragraphs how a knee injury from high school football (when he was really cut and strong of course) prevented him from lifting weights, running, etc.
I have a Master’s in Exercise Science, I was able to call BS on this one fairly quickly. He was upset about that and hasn’t responded since.
Instead of complaining about the problems you have in your life, start working to solve them and don’t hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself. Your wife and friends don’t have the online resources you’ve discovered, be that voice for them.
Stop being so comfortable sitting on your couch talking about how the world is holding you down, you are holding you down, so get up!
Stand up and start doing.
I know it’s cold, I know you’re tired, I know life isn’t easy as I’m living it too. I have a full time job, am a father of two, a husband, a blogger, and I workout.
I fucking get it.
But here’s the secret, I don’t talk about my problems. I solve them and that’s why I’m able to do 4x as much as you with my 24 hours vs your 24 hours.
- Stop going to bed early after watching TV shows for hours on Netflix. No, you don’t deserve that break and if you did, you wouldn’t be asking or convincing yourself.
- Stop being fat
- Stop being lazy
- Stop being weak
- Stop being so god damned comfortable all the time, implement some Intentional Discomfort into your life.
You need to feel the pain of work and effort, you need to find comfort in the discomfort of living life as a masculine man
Guys think they have all the time in the world to unfuck themselves and their situation.
The fat say they’ll workout tomorrow, the poor say they’ll grind tomorrow, the weak say they’ll improve tomorrow.
What if tomorrow never comes?
Social media & technology have made people lose their appreciation of time. Time should be the single most cherished commodity we have in life as it is the most limited aspect of our lives.
You can’t borrow, buy, or build more time.
You never know when your string of life is going to finally unravel from the spool, yet people are living as though there’s no end in sight.
Time is like an angel, beautiful beyond measure & flying high. When people try to capture time, what they are doing is grabbing the angel and cutting off its wings.
When you’re “capturing” the moment for Facebook, not enjoying yourself but rather trying to promote yourself and show the world how great you are, you’re destroying the beauty of time, you’re destroying that moment.
When you say you’ll start your diet tomorrow, what you’re doing is you’re saying tomorrow is guaranteed and with that mindset you’re destroying the beauty of how short our lives really are.
Start living like you’re going to die, because you are.
Start taking action in the now because tomorrow is never guaranteed to come for you. When you start living like your time on this Earth is limited, you’ll stop making excuses for your mediocre existence and instead will start living the life you want.
When you stop trying to capture and devalue time you’ll be able to recognize the beauty of it as it flies high with its wings in tact. Enjoy that moment, stop trying to capture it. Immerse in watching that brief flight, before you know it it will be over and you’ll be the better person for watching the angel fly than you would if you were to just hold its lifeless and wingless body.
The time is going to pass either way and you are going to die, you might as well live.
Take Action and Take Care,
If you’d like to support the work I’m doing or donate for any benefit it may have brought to your life, the best way to do so would be via one of the means below.